Friday, February 7, 2014

Welcome!!!

Hello Everyone!

I would like to introduce myself and tell you what this blog is all about! I am a girl (ha ha often mistaken for a boy d/t my name!) aged 35, living in an awesome city in Virginia. I intend to use this blog as a means of sharing fashion and beauty ideas and inspirations. I want to focus on sharing how to be stylish on a budget- how to be a recessionista!! And when I say budget- I don't mean $100- I mean CHEAP!! A little about me.... 
I have been keenly interested in fashion and beauty since a young child. I was the one cutting and re-styling the hair of all of my barbies. And I am pretty sure that I had that large barbie head where you could put on makeup and style the hair! Throwback!!! Growing up, I constantly read fashion magazines and began to study up on brands and trends. I was raised in a TJ Maxx- so I came by my love for bargain shopping honestly. These days,I am lovingly referred to as the "accessories queen"- (Warning:I tend to truly obsess over accessories!!). Since a child, I have never wanted to pay full price for items. Instead, I enjoy scouring sources to find the things I want for cheaper- yes, the thrill of the hunt!! True story- I almost fainted when I went into my first
Sephora and Saks! When I viewed my first Chanel shoe- and picked it up--- it gave me the chills!! I grew up in a fairly small town where we didn't have such stores. (Never mind that I would not be able to ever afford a Chanel shoe in my lifetime- just seeing one in person was enough!!!) 
I am in the process of starting my own personal shopping business as I love styling others, and helping them achieve great looks for less, and helping build confidence. Some of my favorite shopping haunts are consignment stores, vintage stores, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and my all time fave- Tar"jay." I can really do some damage in there-never fails. My favorite non-discount store is Anthropologie. I exclusively shop the sale-room!
I would describe my personal style as boho-chic. I also love incorporating elements of other styles for an eclectic look. I love the juxtaposition of things that would not normally go together- a biker jacket with pearls, a dress and combat boots. I love color and texture. I love adding a piece or an accessory that is unexpected. WHY do I care about fashion? I am so glad you asked. I am passionate about fashion because I believe it is the highest form of self-expression- a visual representation of your inner workings- your bold statement to the world, "This is WHO I am and I am PROUD of it!!" I believe that fashion transcends physical beauty or attributes-shapes and sizes. I believe that your unique personal style is what makes you beautiful- NOT your dress or pants size, a number on the scale, a job,or what's in your bank account. I believe in approaching fashion and life with a kindness and openness of mind. I believe in sucking every loving minute out of this life.
When I am not fashion-ing, I am obsessing over other things like music, guitar, singing, art, wine, food, cinema, travel, or ANYTHING French. I am so happy have you join me on this journey! To end this post, I would like to share a few images of things that are inspiring to me.









No comments:

Post a Comment